Our modern facility is located in the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne, only minutes from major roads, and close to Epping Plaza. We provide excellent working conditions, and our current rapid growth can result in opportunities to progress for the right people. We have an outstanding reputation for high quality products, and strong people values.
When you join Aquarium Industries you have an opportunity to work in the extremely unique and diverse market of ornamental fish, enjoy a fast-paced and vibrant environment, and help to improve a company on the rise.
No vacancies currently available
Aquarium Industries employs over 50 people in its Melbourne facility. The most common positions include Aquarium Fish Keeper and Aquarium Fish Catcher. While we currently have no positions available, please refer below information templates that provide some details on these roles.
Aquarium Fish Keeper
This role requires energetic and experienced people to work within our operations team. Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, you will be a highly motivated self starter with a passion to succeed.
This hands-on position will provide support in a range of activities. You will be expected to effectively contribute to the daily activities required for the functioning of the department, which will include, but are not limited to aquaria cleaning and maintenance, feeding fish, and maintaining all aspects of fish husbandry including disease identification and treatment. The role may also require the successful applicant to collect fish from the airport and catch customer orders as required. As the role is working with live fish there is a requirement to be on a roster to work 1 weekend every month and some public holidays. The position requires knowledge and experience in maintaining fish, both freshwater and marine, and would suit someone with 2-3 years commercial experience. The successful applicant also requires strong problem solving and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines. Immediate start.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of freshwater and marine fish keeping.
- Practical and technical knowledge of Recirculating Systems, with an ability to maintain life support systems.
- Industry experience in aquaculture or a relevant discipline.
Aquarium Fish Catcher
This role requires highly motivated individuals to work with our ornamental fish catching crew. The positions will be responsible for the catching and packing of customers orders of Ornamental Fish for delivery Australia wide. These are casual positions to fulfil our increased customer requirements.
The core responsibilities include:
- You must be prompt, reliable and hardworking
- You must have an emphasis on quality and customer satisfaction
- You must be capable of working in a team environment and motivated to work unsupervised when necessary
- You must be willing to work in a fast paced warm fish house
- Assist in feeding and water changing of our stock when required
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Must have the ability to work to a deadline
- Effective organisational skills and attention to detail is a must
- Knowledge of despatch operations and or ornamental fish is an advantage but not essential.
If you would be interested in any of these roles in the future, please do not hesitate in sending a copy of your resume to email@example.com. All future jobs will be posted on this page as well as on seek.com.au.
Courtesy note: We are sorry, but due to the high number of applications we receive for advertised roles, only short listed candidates are contacted.